Ward 19 Charity Fund

Running on a mission to raise awareness for Ward19 Charity Fund & MDS foundation

Friday, June 21, 2013

Shoe Shopping !

Shoe Shopping !! 

A Girl can never have enough  shoes! running shoes that is!

For many months  I have been  looking to try  a  pair  of  Hoka One One shoes our good friend  Jeff Chaney who is an avid Hoka  runner has been saying  I should try them out  they may help me  with some  re occurring running injuries.   my hubby Paul has started  walking/running   & Jeff suggested that Paul also try the Hoka one One  shes  to help with his knee pain!
Today is the   day  we  find   Paul's  size  & mine   at  Fitniche in Lakeland   they said  they would hold our sizes   for us to try them out.  So we drive the hour to Lakeland  &  there they are waiting for us   Hoka one one  Bondi  & Bondi speed  for me

Hoka one one
 

Paul was up first to try  the Hoka shoes   he tries them out on the tread Mill !  Paul was like they are like super  cushioned !!  I try on  a pair  they have a  4mm  drop so for me the drop was noticeable  felt like I was  walking  on the moon !  I  take  them for a test run outside :)  well I have to say  they felt like I was running on clouds,  when I looked  down they  make my feet  look   huge like clown feet  but the ride well lets  say....   Rolls  Royce comes  to mind !!  yep  you guessed  it we both brought a  pair  now I'm  super excited to try them out :)  Saturday  I go for  a  4 mile run   to test    them  I did  put my heel lifts in them  because of the drop  & my   Achilles  issues, until I get  totally used to them , the  4 mile  run  lets  say the first  2 miles   I have  calf  pain  this is  due to the drop  & my  tight Achilles  but   after  the run is finished  I  have no limping   Achilles swelling!  now I'm  curious  how will I do running  back to back  I have to run the following day group run at  Disney  8 miles !! 

Sunday  I'm running late for a  group run at Disney big  surprise  Jeff  was ruining with us :)   so it was Kirsten Brandi Jeff,  &  I met Michelle  & Bruce for the first time this was a great time  as  you can see in the  picture outside  of  Hollywood studios


Apart from  this run being   Hot Hot Sweaty Mess !!  My new hoka  One One  Bondi Speed  with speed laces  Love the laces by the way :)   the  box says get ready to fly !  Well we start  running   my first time doing a back to back run since  my injury :(   at the end  of this  run   we all went to panera  for breakfast   & I have to   say  I  felt great like  I really had not ran  8 miles ! this  was the answer   I am  now  a  Hoka one One  runner!!  Big Thank you  to Jeff  you were right  this  could keep me running for many years  more  :) 


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are welcome! I am so glad that they are working out for you!!