Ward 19 Charity Fund

Running on a mission to raise awareness for Ward19 Charity Fund & MDS foundation

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Dumbo Double Dare Cali trip

Dumbo Double Dare Cali Trip


Where did the  last  eight  weeks  go!! OK so  this  is catch up time  :) 

Paul  & I flew  to  California  for the  DDD  weekend.  Back  late August this was  a whirlwind  trip,  but  it was packed  full of  a  lot of  firsts,   we flew  stand  by  from Orlando to  NY to  LAX  don't ask the   long way around,  but  we made it  woo hooo    Car  rental!!    yep I put my    running magnets on my rental car  !!


 We were there  our first trip to   Los Angeles the drive  from LAX  to  Disneyland,  I was shocked  the  road's  highways full of litter :(  but as  we approached  Disneyland    pristine  road's we were staying at  Anabella  Thur Fri Sat,  so we settled  in  then off to meet Merle  from Sweaty Bands  best  headbands  ever  for  a  spot of   dinner  & wine,   we had to be  up early  for Expo,  we arrived  just before  9:00 am    OMG  madness never seen  lines like it  crazy !!  well  2 hours later we were into the  Expo  where  the  madness continued people    just  grabbing  anything on the  shelves   DDD  ... WOW    everything sold out fast,  but I got  my jacket  & shirt,  we had a  walk through  the resort  area  then drinks  by the pool   this was my hubby's  first  10K race from  a non  runner     photographer  to  a  runner  in   3  short months    I was so excited for him :) early night well after  a couple of  wines  & some rum  for Paul   hehehe up early   his ready here is Paul  about to leave   to take   group pictures  for everyone   before  the    5K 


I head  up to meet  Paul the start of the   10K  I'm  so proud  to run his  first   10K with him were in B coral  
first picture  is with Tim Jillian  & Mike,  they had the  best    running outfits  :) then  quick pic  of  Paul & I   we are just before  the  start   its almost go time!!



We're off    Paul went out to fast,  but  that's fine  we settled into a  nice grove    took   every picture stop with all characters  as  I don't think we will be   going  all that way to run  Disneyland  again   my highlight was running into my    idol Jeff Galloway,   here is   2  pictures on the course  one with me running    with Jeff  :) 


The race was  awesome I got to  run with my Husband for his first  10K  did  some running with Jeff  Galloway what  more  could I ask  for !!  then it was  back to the hotel to change  & off to  sight  see in laguna  Beach   for the  afternoon   WOW.  I loved  it   the coast line  is  so awesome nothing  like the  rest of LA  
we got  back late   needed  to rest  had to be up  early to run the  Disneyland  half  marathon & earn my  DDD & C2C  bling  took a  ton  of  pictures  with characters    but the rest of the course outside the  parks is  boring  & some gravel running  at one point  OH did I mention they were having a heat wave  it was like running in  FL  in the  summer  :(  a few  pictures  from the half 



& here I am with all my hard earned  bling   10K Half   DDD  & C2C 
Just enough  time to get back to the hotel showers     pack up  &  head over to see Merle  for a spot of  lunch before  Paul & I   took the next few days to explore the  coast  &   LA,  here is a  picture with Merle  at lunch. 
I could  show   a  ton of pictures of  our  awesome trip over the next few days  we traveled  from laguna  to Santa Barbara  what an amazing time then back  to LA  where   we had  a  fantastic time  we ate on Rodeo Drive,  we did  all the tourist stuff .. but the best  part of the  trip was getting to run  Paul's  first  real race with him very proud his  a runner   & my husband   woo hooo xxx
,

1 comment:

Five Star Photography said...

Yea baby Dumbo Double Dare and Running with Jeff Galloway :)