Ward 19 Charity Fund

Running on a mission to raise awareness for Ward19 Charity Fund & MDS foundation

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

COMING BACK FROM INJURY!!

I got  back from Disneyland  &   did  a  5K   that same week in  Snaford   nice small race but BAM that  same  night  my left foot  started to swell up & for the  next few, days could barley walk on it  can you believe  it?  I had  almost 1 year injury  free !!  I was   at  my happy place  with  running   my Husband was also a  runner   & life was great !! Well let's  just  say  I hit the pool   5  days  a week  I biked  at the gym. I   did weights   for  6 weeks!! I tried  my  first  bike  ride  & got hooked  now looking for a   bike,   I see Triathlons in my future  OMG  did  I say that  I hate the open water swim, but yep I'm  going to  have to concour  that   here are  a couple of  pictures of my first Bike  ride with kevin & Lisa  & thanks to Kim for  the loan of her  bike.


  My foot  is still not  at its best,  but I started  back my first  run at Celebration right  by the hospital, I  put  my   gear  in my locker  at the  gym  & off, I went,  I was so excited  about   4 mins in,  I  went crash bang  wallop flying  hitting  my head !! Here are a  couple of pictures from my fall !!  My head hurt but when I stood up  as  all runners  do I  did what  !!!   yep you guessed it; I paused my Garmin, when I got home I felt out of it still  woosey  :(  looked  at my Garmin I had been on the floor   10 mins almost   could not remember much  I had an appointment with my foot Dr on the Monday so   carried on    through the  fog  feeling  sore the  Dr that sent me  straight off to  ER  for a  CT of the head   well let's just say the hospital said  it was  all normal people who know me  errr yea  I know  they got it wrong  LOL  so now Im out    another  week no  running no nothing :( 


OK the nerves  are kicking in its that time for my first run, I   suck it  up  & off,  I go  it's   4pm  hot  as hell,   but I do   3 miles  let me  tell you   I know  they say bike swim   you will not loose cardio OMG  Im huffing  & puffing out there   !! 
Next up was a  run with April YoLanda everyone is running late    so I start off 3 miles    still huffing  & puffing,  but it's done  & I'm glad to be back out  with my buddies :)  thank you  for  keeping me sane  & encouraging  me  & for YoLanda  helping with my routine at the  gym &  an AB sighting  LOL  


1 comment:

Five Star Photography said...

Whoo Hoo Glad you are back running you enjoy it so much
Love Ya