Ward 19 Charity Fund

Running on a mission to raise awareness for Ward19 Charity Fund & MDS foundation

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Race Season is  Here 

Double  Bling  Weekend !!


This was Paul's double bling weekend & my First-Half Marathon back after injury so it's Saturday 5:30 am & were up getting prepared for our weekend away! Paul is about to do his first Fight For Air Climb 512 steps/25 floors of the Bank of America Center in full firefighting gear,  So we arrive & we head off to the Fire Dept check in area! Paul is starting to get ready  putting on his  gear as  I am giving him a big   hug before the event.



 Within in minutes our PRC family arrives to cheer Paul on, he has the largest cheering squad we were laughing having fun while the climbers were limbering up !!
Paul & the rest of the firefighters were ready heading into the lobby with Rafael in full charge of the camera doing an amazing job might I add :)
some how he ended up in press photography positions getting great shots.


Our  PRC cheering squad waiting  in the lobby for Paul to emerge out  of the  elevator !!  then he comes out  with his bling  on   Awesome  his now   doing John Travolta  poses   !!



Paul  & team OCFD did  awesome !!cannot wait to go see it again next time.




 Here is a final picture with Paul with his first bling of the weekend & our PRC family thank you so much for getting up early & coming out to cheer Paul !! April Rafael Carter Lisa Kevin Yolanda CJ Kat baby Jack & JR then it was off to Panera for breakfast :)




Part   2  double bling weekend  !!


Paul & I arrived at our hotel checked in!  then packet pick up here we come !! Small a really nice race shirt! It had started to rain so we darted into the White Lion for a spot of lunch on St George St & a cider or 2 ;) then it was back to our hotel to hang out Sara Johnathan Michele & Eric came over we had beers cider pretzels gummy bears pre race carb loading done different !! However, it was great we all  got to hang out Love Race season get to see everyone :)


Race morning came around too soon oh yep its starting to rain slightly 76 degrees & 97 humidity Gulp !! We all met up at the garage parking lot then found Mary & Mark Lou Rob Evin Tara where we took a group picture !!






 met up with Amber another Half Fanatic April J Rob Myself was off to the star line soon as we got there the gun went off! No stretching before, not pleasant, so we are all keeping pace the roads were so sloped my poor bad foot was not going to like this OH yeah a big bridge is coming up Rob is shouting we eat bridges for breakfast & we keep on pace running!! OH yep turn right round & do it again LOL
this was my first race back & it was starting to get to me the humidity :( anyway we keep going having fun all the way Rob & I finished I slowed him right down not a great race but got it done!! Not 5 minutes after the finish my foot went, here is Lou & I poor Lou's IT flared up & my foot, but I still had after race beer ;)


Time for  a group  picture  we all did  great    Carter  came  3rd in his  age group so  proud of him ... all our finishers   smiling through some pain  !!


Back to shower  & off to Ruby Tuesdays  for  Lunch  &   after race beers  ;)  Paul is  wearing his double  bling   for his   2  day races !! I'm sporting one  of my many  shirts  from Milestone Jewelry  & Apparel   April  ran in her  Team  shirt   https://www.milestonessportsjewelry.com/


Below is  the  final picture  before  it  was    time to eat   have  lunch  & all go  home   :( I have to say the  race  was not great for me  & my  foot!  but the time spent  with good friends  priceless,    cant wait to do ti  again !!   limping or not   next race up is  Space Coast   Paul's  first half marathon  so excited  if he says  yes  i will  get to  pace my husband for his first half  marathon  :) 



Thank you for  taking the time to read my blog  & all who know  my British  accent!!  & Della  speak  x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great recap! So excited for race season even if I am not doing much of it.I believe I will bring my bike out to SC and meet up with you guys in various parts of the course. Yep that's it so that I too can cheer Paul onto his first half, so exciting.

Five Star Photography said...

A Big Thank you all for supporting me
Loved seeing everyone
I had a great weekend and can't wait until we do it all again